The things that interested and inspired me this week.
- Young people have been ruining everything forever
- Historic black and white photos colorized
- Is Orange Is The New Black just a modern version of the 19th-century slave narrative?
- The most gorgeous photographs of ballet dancers in everyday situations
- Have you seen the Alamo Drafthouse “No Talking/Texting During the Movie” celebrity spots? What would a museum one look like? Neil DeGrasse Tyson threatening to beat you up if you photograph the Picasso?
- Photographs of the first day of legal same-sex marriage in Minnesotta. You can feel the love.
- Why do people keep coming back to museums?
- Once in a Whale follows the Oxford Museum of Natural History’s conservation of five whale skeletons. It doesn’t get cooler than this. For example: How to Wire a Whale.
- Crowd-sourcing Wikipedia editing at the Royal Ontario Museum
- A micro-museum with miniature art in Boston
- Crazy-super-old cake found at the Huntington Library. And they’re going to try and conserve it!
- A great new website for Florissant Fossil Beds. Fossilized Bees!
- Digital engagement and crowdsourcing in museums